Agile Transformation as an answer to future challenges
Dealing with complexity in companies as a central management task
A concept is making its way through the business world: Agility. Closely followed by VUKA. In our experience, there are three reasons why companies call out to consulting agencies: "Make us agile! Do you know VUKA?"
When we are requested as consultants
Die Wirkungen auf Strategie, Struktur und Kultur
- Many managers are anxious and afraid when they realize that the market position of their company is no longer safe as a result of the digital revolution. It's no longer "big fish eats little fish". Instead, the slower ones are passed by. For many companies, agility is a trend that - while not yet fully understood - equates to "flexible and fast" - and this is something everyone desires to be.
- Other companies find themselves trapped in a dilemma: a matrix is introduced in response to complex challenges, but leaves many employees confused because responsibilities have somehow become a matter of interpretation. A sense of individual responsibility amongst employees is one of the essential requirements for a well-run matrix, but no one has ever learned how he or she can or should act independently in the business. Until now, everything has been spoon-fed. A variety of strategy, communication and complexity reduction initiatives (e.g. lean working practices) have already been trialed, but have yet to produce results, either because the mindset of the employees is still stuck in a rut or because structural boundaries and resistances are acting as a barrier to change.
- And then there are those companies for whom agility has already become more than a pipe dream. They recognize that customer queries can be processed faster by using agile approaches and that their employees can come up with their own solutions in a self-sufficient and creative manner. However, this does in no way mean that the path ahead is clear, since different organizations will need to determine exactly how their agile approach is characterized: flexible and fast? Customer-oriented? Self-determined?
Agile Transformation ohne Change Management?
Vermeiden Sie eine missglückte agile Transformation um jeden Preis
The trick is ascertaining exactly which agile principles, measures and methods would make most sense in which areas across the organization.
Changing everything at once is impossible. Only start-ups have the opportunity to take all considerations into account right from the onset. However, small to medium-sized companies typically find themselves in a position of having to react rapidly to new customer requirements. Even though old hierarchical structures often prevail in these companies, they generally find themselves internalizing a number of agile principles - for example, flexible and fast action with a clear focus on customer needs.
Many small companies are "automatically" agile. But if they develop the characteristics of a large enterprise during the course of growth, this advantage will be lost.
Ergebnisse einer erfolgreichen agilen Transformation
Unser Wertversprechen - Ihre Vorteile
We would be more than happy to advise you in taking on the best agile path for your company´s individual needs, drawing on our experience in change management and the agile transformation.
Welche konkreten Leistungen bieten wir an?
Unser Leistungsspektrum für Ihre erfolgreiche Transformation
- Wir begleiten Ihre agile Transformation auf den 3 entscheidenden Ebenen: Strategie, Struktur & Kultur.
- Wir transformieren ihr klassisches Projektmanagement in ein agiles Projektmanagement (nach SCRUM oder Hybrid- und Individualvarianten).
- Transfer Ihrer Value Streams: Einführung eines skalierten, agilen Frameworks – in verschiedenen Ausbaustufen (wir orientieren uns an SAFe 4.5).
- Lean-agile Produktentwicklung und Innovation .
- Lean-agiles Qualitätsmanagement.
- Agile Sales.
- Durchführung von „Agile Awareness Workshops“ zur Orientierung und Begriffsklärung, insbesondere für das Top-Management.
- Ausbildung Ihrer eigenen „Agile Coaches“.
- Coaching von Scrum-Mastern, agilen Coaches und der Linien-Führungskräfte Ihrer Organisation.
More information about the topic Agility
Case Study on Agility
Download case study on the topic Agility
Back to overview
Change Management Consulting
- wasted resources
- a lack of or dwindling of energy necessary for change
- risk factors (potentially leading to problems) not being recognized in a timely fashion
- leaders and employees committing to the desired change only "on paper", which reduces momentum in the implementation of change measures and extends project durations
- key individuals "quitting" (internally) because they do not identify with the goals at hand and perceive themselves as losers in the process
We offer a half-day analysis in which we'll review your project with regard to the effects your change case will have on the overall system. Based on the model obtained from this review, we'll discuss the situation with you and give our initial advice and recommendations about what needs to change and what can stay the same. Is it a question of corporate culture, or is it a structural change that is required to bring about organizational development? Perhaps your strategy just needs to be adjusted? Our company specializes in change management and can help you find out exactly where you're going wrong.
Interested? Call and schedule an appointment with our change experts today or browse our website to learn more about what we have to offer.
Change communication for the success of your change project
Establishing understanding in situations of change – Conducting dialogues
The desired change effects remain to be seen. The commitment of the drivers of change also fades away, because there are no success stories.
The best idea is worth nothing if it is not heard!
Even the cleverest change architecture is of no use if people are not committed to it. This is where change communication comes in. It eliminates obstacles and gets stakeholders involved; it ensures that messages are heard as well as understood.
Change communication is more than a simple handout of information, high-gloss posters in the hallway or roadshows aimed at "selling" the change to employees. Those who want to be understood must not only clearly state what they want, but also listen, especially when it comes to change projects. Allowing employees to speak is an essential task of change communication.
A change story as the nucleus of the change project
Another essential element of the process is the change story. It not only provides a convincing explanation of what needs to change, but can also inspire enthusiasm for the new goal. This story is the foundation of the one-voice policy. It serves as the common thread for everyone who has an interest in the change process. This is the only way to ensure clear, consistent messages.
How to really reach your target group – even when the message is difficult?
We believe that effective change communication must be aligned with the various stages of change. Only when the right information is communicated at the right time, acceptance is created, coalitions are formed and target groups are assembled.
Only very rarely is one communication channel alone enough to achieve this. As a management consultancy, we combine an effective, project-tailored variety of methods and measures on your behalf. We always take into account that we are not only sending a message, but also entering a dialogue.
More information about the topic Change communication
Case Study on Change Communication
Download case study on the topic Change communication
Back to overview
Digital transformation in the financial world
Digital transformation in finance is a real change process
Digitalization in giant steps
- A new generation of customers with a digital affinity is growing
- Systems are becoming more intelligent. Artificial intelligence is no longer limited to science fiction
- Start-ups are pushing into markets with disruptive approaches and are confusing traditional labor-intensive business models.
There is no easy straightforward path
- Can we still afford these large, powerful central structures? Startups are pushing into markets with disruptive approaches and confusing traditional labor-intensive business models
- How will customer behavior change over the next few years? What is our response?
- How do we defend ourselves against startups that are poaching into our markets internationally, beyond our regulatory restrictions? Do we have to do the same thing? But does this conform to our legal restrictions?
- Will we become even stronger an "IT factory" with an "avatar frontend"? And is there still money to be made from it?
The financial sector will undergo one of the largest transformations.
- Can I even think about the future with my existing team? Aren't we "trapped" in our traditional understanding of what works and what doesn't?
- How do I solve the dilemma of needing people who think "outof-the-box"? Who tend to have an affinity for taking risks? Ultimately, the complete opposite of has been the profile of a banker for centuries!
- How do I deal with the fears of my employees and managers? Because one thing is obvious. The business models of the future will require considerably fewer people and, in addition to this, people with a different qualification profile.
- How can I stabilize the current business and still rebuild the company, beyond waves of staff reduction?
The digital transformation process in the financial sector is a true change process. Do not fall into the trap of thinking that an IT service provider can manage this process for you. It's much more than that!
You should redefine change!
- We will help you create a positive climate for change
- We will help you mobilize people, beyond their personal concerns.
- We will help you move from a "yes, but - culture" to a "let's try it - culture".
Do you want to learn more?
Back to overview
Leadership and change in turbulent times
Leadership in complex environments
Guidance from management to leadership
As such, we focus on the topic of leadership from these three perspectives:
Achieving success as a leader
Our consultants will assist you with these issues and questions, offering practice-oriented, tangible answers to your questions. You can use our coaches as sparring partners in business or learn more about our customized training courses.
Leadership from an HR perspective
Leadership from a business perspective
If you're dealing with questions of this nature, you're in good company! The requirements for leadership have changed drastically over recent years. As a management consultancy staffed by change experts, we support our clients throughout this development, help you take a closer look at your reflection and aid you in finding answers and understanding leadership as a genuine task. Our ultimate goal is to enable your top team to move forward with full force and become credible in the eyes of the team, giving space to innovative thinking and encouraging engagement. We identify the measures that are pivotal to your success.
More information about the topic Leadership
Case Study on Leadership
Download case study on the topic Leadership
Back to overview
Business process optimization - A continous improvement process
Creating efficient processes
High performance requires efficient workflows and stable processes. We help you examine and improve your central processes. This is the only way to create the essential prerequisites for your economic success:
- Order and stability instead of improvisation in your processes
- A process map for a continuous overview instead of constant emergency missions
- Permanent increase in quality instead of the constant struggle for minimum quality
- Increased efficiency and consistent cost reduction instead of wasting resources
- Continuous adaptation and optimization interfaces instead of sand in the gearboxes
- Transparency in your value chain and well-defined KPIs instead of unclear goals and processes
- Eventual orientation for your employees on how initiatives can be implemented in your company
We are convinced that there is no good ready-made solution for business process optimization (BPO). Your business and your processes are unique - and that's why our consultants work together with you to find individual solutions to make your processes more efficient and your company more profitable.
More information about the topic Business process optimization
Case Study on BPO
Download case study on the topic Business process optimization
Back to overview
Achieving innovative strength through an innovation roadmap
Achieving Innovations - Successfully into the future
Regardless of which strategy you are following, innovation is like a sensitive plant - it requires a good breeding ground as well as the right climate and corporate culture. Creative chaos can be a vital part of it. Through our change consultancy, we can also offer you a good amount of structure and practical tools in order for you to make quantum leaps.
- Are there gaps in the market or new technologies that can help you become an innovative leader?
- How can you ensure you have the necessary time and creative space for the development of innovation?
- How can you activate the collective intelligence of your organization?
- How can you encourage innovative project teams from an idea to its successful implementation?
- How can innovations be realized and costs reduced at the same time?
- How can you decrease the time to market and increase the success rate of new products?
More information about the topic Innovation
Case Study on Innovation
Download case study on the topic Innovation
Back to overview
Lean management for all areas, not only production
Constantly striving to be leaner and better
Perhaps you're also dealing with the question of how lean principles can be applied to the administrative areas of your organization. Transferring methods in a one-by-one fashion might sound tempting, but unfortunately, it does not work.
The question of what needs to change beyond the processes to ensure that lean really does enter the cells of your organization is also very exciting. How must ways of thinking change? How can deeply anchored habits be dissolved? Lean is more than a logical order and short pathways - behind the tool lies a philosophy that challenges you to constantly and radically review the patterns of your behavior. Proactive thinking is a welcome asset. Mistakes are seen as an opportunity for constant learning and are assigned a high value - but how does it all work?
Our experts in lean management and cultural change are happy to help.
More information about the topic Lean management
Case Study on Lean
Download case study on the topic Lean management
Back to overview
Mergers - Joining Companies
When Two Become One
We are often called upon to assist in PMIs (Post Merger Integrations). Whether it is for the purpose of securing market shares, purchasing innovation, or maximizing profit, the integration of an organization is a complex and multi-layered process. From choosing the right company and conducting contract negotiations to the actual merger itself, there are large numbers of important decisions to be made.
Above all, this gives you a guideline for your internal communication. A merger can result in friction on both sides. There are often uncertainties and fears, including tussles at the management level. Processes often do not run as they should, knowledge is not shared and the common goal is not clear, leading to conflicts of objectives among employees and departments. Management wonders why nothing is running smoothly.
Here you are challenged with clear messages, adapted structures, clear responsibilities - as well as the integration of the new team. We would be happy to discuss all these questions with you in person so that you may continue to grow steadily...
More information about the topic Mergers
Case Study on Mergers
Download case study on the topic Mergers
Back to overview
Human Resources and Human Resources Management
The Human Resources Department in transition
The Human Resources Department
Equip Your Human Resources for the Future
Perhaps you're facing the challenge ...
... of bringing your HR department up to speed and need to strategically realign it
The strategic development of HR is not linked to the business closely enough. The department is viewed as more of an "administrative caretaker". Its added value is perceived to be only in relation to accounting and HR-related legal matters.
... of implementing and properly communicating downsizing as well as cost cutting in your company
It is always a difficult issue: cutting costs is the only option for keeping the company afloat; processes are already lean. The next step is cutting staff. Labor rights issues are the main focus in this regard - but what happens to the "survivors"? How can you rally them and build trust?
... of implementing HR business partners successfully into your organization and bringing them to life.
Dave Ullrich has developed an innovative approach: The HR Business Partner. This title has been introduced in many companies. Unfortunately, without noticeable changes in the everyday life of the former personnel. The key to success is to derive and define all HR activities from the customer's point of view - the business.
...of identifying and finding the right people for the right position
How do I find the right people for the company? Especially when the company's strategic orientation, networking and trend monitoring are at stake. An assessment of new and existing employees can be helpful here.
... of improving how you deal with high and low performers
Keeping people who do their work well and go the extra mile in your company is difficult in our experience. Appreciation and constructive feedback are old hats that need to be put on again and again. And how do we deal with low-performers? The decline in the performance of individual employees and teams can have different reasons: on a structural, cultural and individual levels.
...of outsourcing personnel development
In times of cost reduction and the creation of added value, many companies outsource their personnel development. But how do you find the right service provider and partner network?
.... the personnel development measures and programs are inadequate or inappropriate
Please feel free to visit our leadership section. Here we offer an overview of our management training courses and procedures.
As you can see, there are many challenges for the HR department. We will support you in your project with our HR expertise.
Effective project management
Leading projects to success
In reality, however, "project" often means vague responsibilities, conflicts of interest and a lack of commitment. Many project members must serve two masters at the same time. This rarely works out...
As experienced management consultants, we support you in increasing the effectiveness of your project management. We can coach your project managers, offer a variety of project management training modules or complete qualification programs. What might work for you depends on the following questions:
- Skills: Are the knowledge and skills of all employees at the best possible level?
- Structures and processes: Are the processes efficient and without redundancies?
- IT tools and their application: Are your IT tools up-to-date, do they run reliably and can everyone manage them?
- Project management culture: Is the collaboration across and within the teams running smoothly? Is the project manager free to move forward and can he or she focus on high priority tasks? Is knowledge shared and is success celebrated?
And if you urgently need someone to roll up their sleeves during a busy project phase, we can do that too! We can set up a short-term project management office or send you interim project managers to support you. Let's plan the next milestone together!
More information about the topic Project Management
Case Study on Project Management
Download case study on the topic Project Management
Back to overview
Restructuring - Consulting for your transformation
This is where the course for future success is set - or, in the event of a crisis, the plug is pulled. If you do this recklessly, the consequences will continue to haunt you for years to come. That's why we are happy to support you during this sensitive phase and advise you on making the right decisions and implementing them sensibly. Based on our discussions and a performance check, we will propose a restructuring concept and put the required measures in place. This enables you to take the necessary steps efficiently and keep an eye on all stakeholders in all stages.
- The organization is self-absorbed. In the face of new structures and internal projects, the market is losing focus.
- The competition notices the lack of focus and takes advantage of the opportunity.
- Your employees are not enthusiastic.
- The employees may even be eagerly waiting for a meaningful change, but a clear signal must be sent.
- Management is 10 steps ahead of its employees and is therefore not being understood.
Planning and implementing strategies
Planning in a dynamic environment
- What do we know today about the markets of tomorrow?
- How can developments be predicted and how can strategic decisions be effectively supported?
- Which markets do we want to develop in the future? With which service portfolio?
The globalized world is moving fast enough that entire industries have abandoned the concept of strategy as a medium- to long-term planning tool. As change management experts, we at K&P are right at home in this world. Together with our customers, we develop strategies and business models for dynamic market environments and find solutions to the short- and long-term challenges in your industry.
First of all, we ask essential questions: Why does your company exist? Why should it continue to be on the market? What is the objective of your company? All this is linked to a vision: It is a long-term endeavor and will outline an attractive future for the company. Where do we want to be in the future? What are we striving for? Only when these questions are clear will we deal with the corporate strategy - the process of how your company can achieve this future. Together we define a clear direction, with derived goals and measures.
More information about the topic Strategy
Case Study on Strategy
Download case study on the topic Strategy
Back to overview
Team development at all levels
To good collaboration
When there are problems in a group, of course it´s not a universal remedy to say: "We're going to a high ropes course!"
We quickly assess where your team currently is and create the right solutions. Possible building blocks of an individually tailored team development workshop are:
- Interface Management: Where does collaboration run smoothly, where are problems? What can be done to deliver work packages properly?
- Action Plans: In order to ensure that the workshop results are transferrable, concrete action plans are drawn up. These form the basis for further action within the company.
- Outdoor: Elements and tasks that illustrate what´s important for successful teamwork as well as how important the role of each and every individual is.
- Coaching: Leadership executives are familiarized with the central processes of group dynamics, reflect on their own part of the system and are sensitized to the possibilities and limitations of design measures.
More information about the topic Team Development
Case Study on Team Development
Download case study on the topic Team Development
Back to overview
Getting back on a positive track
There are many work-sites involved in the turnaround of a company: The strategic reorientation and reflection on the company's core competencies. At the beginning of turnaround, management monitors the safeguarding of liquidity. Focusing on sales policy and customer target groups brings money into empty pockets. Waste and unnecessary costs must be reduced, processes reviewed and optimized. It may be necessary to draw up social plans and to prepare and conduct exemption talks. An open and, above all, coordinated communication with employees is of great importance. In order for the change of direction to be successful, transparency must be created and all parties involved must have confidence in the feasibility of the turnaround.
You´ve got a rocky road ahead of you? We are happy to stand your side and help you align the compass.
Sales - Successful selling
Sales Consulting - Sales Strategy and Implementation
- "We haven't been able to increase our sales and volume for years."
- "Sales opportunities are constantly being given away!"
- "Sales is too expensive and must be made more efficient!"
- "The collaboration at the interface of internal and field service has never worked well before."
The reasons behind statements such as these are so diverse that we offer support on various levels when it comes to sales and marketing questions.
- Development of a sales strategy. Does your company have a clear focus on specific products and services, as well as a customer relationship management strategy? Do you really know your target group in detail? Do you have a clear answer to how high your current market potential is? In the absence of facts and figures, our consultants recommend a market and competitive analysis to help you get started in developing a sales strategy.
- Reorganization of Sales and Distribution. You want to establish a modern and efficient sales organization? You have to lower your sales costs and ask yourself how to do this without sacrificing customer orientation, sales and employee satisfaction? You want to introduce a new sales structure - but how?
- Improvement of sales processes. You want to optimize the sales process in a way that all sales opportunities are actively exploited and your sales force systematically accompanies the customers when concluding a contract. After-sales support should be organized in a way that generates more follow-up orders. Or the classic issue, you want to optimize the collaboration between your internal and external sales forces?
- Competency check and sales training. How much power does your sales team have? Do you have the right people on board? Is the mix of "hunters" and "gatherers" well balanced and are all the necessary skills present? Or does something have to change? Have you been able to turn good salespeople into true top salespeople with targeted sales training?